Friday, December 5, 2008

Minimum set of required libraries for Hibernate

Hibernate is a great ORM framework. It makes your life much easier and increases your effectiveness. I'm still learning it and using it for almost all of my projects (of course, I don't blindly use it, I try to find arguments to support this decision). Another great tool to improve your programming effectiveness and make your programmer life much easier is an Apache Maven. I'm sure you already using Apache Ant, trust me if you like Ant, you will love Maven!

If you're using Maven then you are lucky and don't really need to know what are the prerequisites for Hibernate. Maven finds and loads them for you!!! But anyway if you are not using Maven nor Maven plugin for Ant then here is the list of required libraries for Hibernate project:

+libs
- antlr.jar
- cglib.jar
- asm.jar
- asm-attrs.jars
- commons-collections.jar
- commons-logging.jar
- hibernate3.jar
- jta.jar
- dom4j.jar
- log4j.jar

The last log4j.jar is not required, but nice to have :)

No comments: